Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Reflection on Pre-Production

This week was tiring but is only the beginning of project 3. I am glad that I have managed to find a topic which I can continue to research on. I was afraid that it would take a while to find a topic to write about but I fortunately found a subject which I feel will be suitable for project 3.
 
  1. What were some of the successes (or, things that went right) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence. During this process, I managed to finally decide on a topic I feel would be suitable for me to use for project 3. The Qatar FIFA World Cup 2022 corruption is a topic in which I am passionate about discussing and have a some-what good understanding of what it is about.
  2. What were some of the challenges (or, things that went wrong) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence. The challenges I faced were finding time to work on English and picking a topic to argue about. As this week was very hectic with exams and essays due through the week, it was hard to balance my time to study for exams, write essays and work on project 3 all in the same week. Thus it is easy to say that time management was a challenge I faced. In addition, it was hard to think of something I wanted to discuss about. There were many topics I could have potentially used but some were either to vague or specific. Furthermore I didn't have a lot of knowledge about some topics I thought would be interesting to use for the public argument.
  3. How do you think next week will go, based on your experiences this week? Next week will also be a time where I will face other challenges. However, as my schedule next week does not seem to busy, I feel as though I will have ample time to work on the project without rushing.
  4. How are you feeling about the project overall at this point? I am feeling more confident about this project than any of the other projects before. As this is a topic which I am interested and passionate about, I feel that have a great potential to do well in this project. I am however worried about doing my project with the video essay genre. As there are not many genres to choose from now, I was limited to either doing a podcast or video essay. I am worried that I will not be able to use all the conventions required effectively as I have never tried working with this genre before.

No comments:

Post a Comment